|David Scott, Athletic Director|
|Cody Pontius, ATC|
|Jimmy Oliver, Gameday Operations|
|James Wilkinson, Gameday Operations|
VERY IMPORTANT CHANGE FROM FHSAA
We were recently informed of a change in FHSAA policy that now requires all student athletes to view the NFHSLearn video and complete the online free concussion course prior to participation. This is in addition to the FHSAA required paperwork that players must submit. Players need to follow the steps listed by FHSAA and MUST submit a copy of the PDF certificate showing completion to the Athletic Director prior to participation. The link to get the directions is as follows: NFHSLearn.com Concussion Course. Only the concussion course is required by student athletes. This course is mandatory for participation.
2014-2015 ATHLETICS SUCCESSES
Ponte Vedra High School has many athletes whom work tirelessly to balance their athletic life with their academic life. We would like to commend all of our athletes for their success on and off the field. Current Sunshine Cup standings at the completion of 2015 reflect the hard work of our students and staff. We are currently fourth in 5A and less than five points from overtaking third place. Please congratulate all these students for their successes Among our district and regional successes this year (championships and runners-up by season as listed on FHSAA):
- Boys & Girls Cross Country – placed third in districts and had runners advance to regional competition
- Boys Golf – District Champion, Regional Champion, & State Runners-Up
- Girls Golf – District Runners-Up, Regional Runners-Up, state match appearance
- Boys & Girls Swimming & Diving – District Champions, Regional Runners-Up, State Meet appearance
- Volleyball – District Champion, Regional appearance
- Girls Basketball – District Runners-Up, Regional appearance
- Boys Soccer – District Champions, Regional Runners-Up
- Girls Soccer – District Champions, Regional Champions, State Final Four appearance
- Wrestling – Regional appearance
- Boys Lacrosse – District Champions, Regional appearance
- Girls Lacrosse – District Champions, Regional Champions, State Final Runners-Up
- Softball – District Runners-Up, Regional appearance
- Boys Tennis – District Runners-Up, Regional appearance
- Girls Tennis – Doubles Team State appearance
- Boys Track – Regional Appearance, Pole Vault & 200M State Meet appearances
- Girls Track – Regional Appearance, High Jump, Triple Jump, & Long Jump State Champion
Student participation in multiple sports is highly encouraged by Ponte Vedra High School and our school district. Participation in two sports in the same season is not permissible, but participation in fall, winter, and spring seasons is available to all athletes. In the event of an overlap due to transition from one season to another, the athlete must finish out the previous season. Coaches will make every effort to assist the students who wish to tryout for an upcoming sport with scheduling the two days allowed. This policy is to minimize the impact on the current sport while still allowing the student to tryout for the upcoming sport.
CERTIFIED ATHLETIC TRAINER
The ATC is available to students to assist them in preparing for competition and practice. The ATC hours for evaluation and rehabilititation are during all three lunch periods M, Tu, Th, & F from 12:00pm to 2:00pm, and W from 11:25am to 1:19pm. The ATC is also available after school for game and practice preparation.
Since class participation is a significant key to student success, students are NOT ALLOWED to miss class to see the trainer.
2015-2016 SCHOOL SPORT PHYSICALS
Ponte Vedra Athletics will host it’s annual physicals for all athletes intending to participate in a sport for next year. They will take place on May 21, 2015 in the Media Center. Physicals begin at 4:00PM and will have staggered starts with rising 10th grade at 4:00PM, 11th grade at 4:30PM, 12th grade at 5:00PM, 9th grade and football at 5:30PM. The cost is $20 and forms are available on the forms link on the right.
Ponte Vedra High School has only one authorized and approved letterman’s jacket supplier. Jackets are offered through Neff. To view the jackets and order, visit http://www.neffco.com/index/page/category/category_id/206. Toorder, our password is 066490
FHSAA FORMS REQUIREMENT
All students participating in athletics at Ponte Vedra High School must submit all appropriate forms prior to participation. Any incomplete forms may delay the player’s participation. Please read all forms carefully as there are some areas that require specific details:
- Page 1 section 2a of the EL3 Consent and Release from Liability
- line to be filled in is for sports the player is NOT allowed participation. If the players is to be allowed to play all sports, please leave blank.
- if there is a sport the player is not allowed to participate, list it in that section
Each year, FHSAA updates forms necessary for participation. We will keep a link to the forms on our website listed above under the link for athletic forms (top of the page on the right).
ATHLETICS ACCIDENT COVERAGE
Players participating in sports at Ponte Vedra High School should be covered by the parents private health insurance. In the event there is a lack of parental coverage, or a shortage of coverage, St. Johns County student athletes are covered by “excess accident coverage”. For details on the coverage, please contact our ATC – Tamara Cook.
Ponte Vedra High School is an FHSAA member organisation and abides by the rules and regulations governing eligibility and non-recruiting compliance. For a basic overview of requirements of eligibility, please read “EL3 Page 2” and “FHSAA Eligibilty Rules“
BOOSTER CLUB APPAREL
Fans of Ponte Vedra High School now have a place to shop for booster apparel. You can find your PV gear at http://www.mylocker.net/florida/ponte-vedra/ponte-vedra-high-school/index.html
ATHLETIC TEAM DATES
Below are the first permissible dates for sports to start tryouts or practice. Not all teams start on the first permissible date, but that is a good guideline for having all paperwork submitted. The best way to be sure your paperwork is up-to-date is to take advantage of our on campus sports physicals on May 21, 2015. These physicals will be good for the entire school year, even if you play a spring sport. Here is the link to access the dates from FHSAA:
FHSAA Program Dates
For an informative look at college recruiting, visit the link below. It may be the best hour you could ever spend learning about recruiting.
Stay up to date with athletic happenings at Ponte Vedra High School.
Visit Sharks Boosters!