Empowering Every Learner to Develop Good Character and to Achieve Success
Good evening Shark Families:
We hope that this update finds you and your family well. Week two is in the books! We would like to offer the following updates:
- As we did last year, Open House will be conducted virtually. Beginning at 6:00pm on September 9, 2021, you can access each teacher’s individual introductory video presentation. As much as we would have liked to have families on campus, we felt this is the best course of action given current circumstances. Our apologies.
- New Kids on the Block: We are planning to welcome all students who are new to Ponte Vedra High School on September 8, 2021 during the lunch periods. Please ask your students to keep an eye out for further details provided through Schoology/Message Boards/Twitter/SharkBytes. Thank you to our PTO for helping to support this effort.
- Please take the time to sign up for our weekly newsletter SharkBytes.
- Our Club Fair will be held on September 29, 2021 during lunch periods. Students are welcome to meet club members/advisors and join any one of the many opportunities offered.
- COVID Protocols: We have had to ask students to quarantine due to close contact. If you receive notice, please review all information carefully. We have tried to include any and all pertinent information regarding quarantine, access to student work, exemption from quarantine, etc. You may also refer to the district website for more information and a FQA: https://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/covid-19/
- Dress Code: The new Dress Code Policy has been addressed with students at class meetings during the first week of school. We have offered gentle reminders to students this past week. Beginning Monday, August 30, 2021, students who are non-compliant may be subject to disciplinary action. The district policy is in our Code of Conduct pages 13-15 found here: https://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/schoolservices/conduct/
- Parents are to sign and return the signature form that they have reviewed the 2021-2022 Code of Conduct
- National Honor Society: Applications are due September 17, 2021. No late applications will be accepted. Our induction ceremony will be held on October 21, 2021.
- All schedule adjustment requests were due last Friday (08-20-2021). We will continue to monitor student progress but will not accept any further requests for schedule changes.
- Students have been issued their student ID. Students should carry their ID at all times.
- Only students who have purchased a valid Parking Pass for the 2021-2022 school year may park on campus. Students who have a modified or blended schedule or who may participate in clubs or athletics are not permitted to park on campus without a parking pass.
- We continue to monitor morning and afternoon traffic. We do anticipate traffic easing in the coming days. Please remain patient. We are already near normal time for dismissal. Under no circumstance should patents and/or students attempt to circumvent the parent line as we approach the end of the day. The risk of receiving a summons for this poor decision making is not worth the few minutes you may save.
Important Upcoming Events:
- 08-28-2021: SAT Administration
- 09-06-2021: Labor Day Student and Teacher Holiday
- 09-09-2021: Virtual Open House beginning at 6:00pm
- 09-15-2021: 1st Marking Period Family Night
- 09-17-2021: New Applications for National Honor Society Due
- 09-21-2021: SAC Meeting 4:30pm in the Media Center
- 09-22-2021: Underclass Picture Day
- 10-02-2021: SAT Administration
- 10-08-2021: Homecoming Football Game
- 10-09-2021: Homecoming Dance
- 10-13-2021: PSAT
- 10-21-2021: National Honor Society Induction
As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns. Stay Strong, Stay Well, GO SHARKS!
Attention Students and Parents!
The safety protocols for the 2021-2022 School Year with regards to COVID-19 have been updated. For the most up-to-date COVID-19, please refer to the School District site.
Quarantine Call Center: Call 904-819-1101 to get answers to all of your health related quarantine questions.
CLASS OF 2022 SENIORS: Be sure to schedule your senior portrait with CADY at https://home.cady.com/ by September 30 in order to be pictured in the 2022 Oceanic yearbook.
Yearbooks and Senior Ads are available for purchase at this time at https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/. The deadline for Senior Ads is Thursday, December 9.
- Picture Day is scheduled for September 22
- Make-ups are scheduled for November 3
We are returning Family Nights this year, i.e. no assigned homework, afternoon athletic practices, or assessments the next day, to provide families the opportunity to enjoy an evening together. We will have one family night per marking period. The dates are as follows…please mark your calendar:
- September 15, 2021
- November 10, 2021
- February 2, 2022
- April 20, 2022
School District News
2021-2022 Instructional Materials Adoption for Mathematics
The St. Johns County School District curriculum department formally announces the review process for the 2021-2022 Instructional Materials Adoption for Mathematics. The core resources that have been submitted for evaluation have come from the state adoption bid list and other submitted resources from publishers when available. Additional resources for advanced programs may be reviewed from materials listed as appropriate for the program indicated.
Please visit the instructional materials website to view the resources that are being considered for adoption. If you would like access to any available printed materials or require assistance reviewing the online resources, please call the Instructional Resources and Media Services office at 904.547.3947. Materials are available for review from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
We encourage parent and community participation in our adoption process. If you would like to serve on a school committee and formally review the resources as a part of the school review team, please contact any school or our office at 904.547.3947.
To learn more about the policies and procedures for textbook adoption, visit the Florida Department of Education Instructional Materials Website.
B.E.S.T. Standards Presentation
The purpose of the video is to provide parents and community members with information about the new B.E.S.T. Standards for English Language Arts and math. The video also explains the timeline for the implementation of the new standards.
- Requesting Transcripts
- MTSS/RtI Information
- Free and Reduced Meals Information
- Health Clinic
- Craig Speziale Memorial Scholarship Fund
- All Visitors
- AUP Form
- Year-at-a Glance Pacing Guides
- Parent Resource Guide
- PVHS School Profile 2019-2020
- School Improvement Plan
- SJCSD ESE Webpage
- Foundation for Excellence in Education
- Driver Education
- Volunteer Application
- Facilities Request
- PV Education Foundation
This is just a reminder that anyone (parent, guardian, friend, neighbor, aunt, uncle) must have school access to attend an event at Ponte Vedra High School, have lunch with a student and/or attend an awards assembly. If you have not already done so, please complete the School Access Form. The process for approval may take up to 4 weeks, so please fill out the application sooner than later for any guests that would like to have school access. Once the application is approved, school access will be valid for three years.
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.