- Any student who has been absent from school shall bring a note from a parent or guardian within forty-eight (48) hours of returning to school stating the cause of the absence. Failure to bring in a note will result in an automatic unexcused absence.
- In case of a planned absence, college visit, or exceptional family need, students must complete the pre-excused absence form, signed by all teachers and approved by administration at least 5 days in advance. Pre-approved absence forms are available in the front office as well as on our website. Pre-excused absence forms are not required for medical appointments, field trips, athletic events, or other school approved events. Emails from parent/guardian will not be accepted.
- All excused absences will require official documentation. (Medical notes, letters from universities, etc.)
- Personal illness for 3 or more consecutive days will require a medical note.
- However, the fact that the student brings in a note does not require the school administration to excuse the absence. The principal or designee will decide whether the absence meets the criteria for an excused absence, and that decision will be final. The administration may request additional documentation, such as a doctor’s note. The excuse must state specific dates of the absence and be signed by a licensed physician.
- After fifteen (15) days of absence, either excused or unexcused, a student must present verification from a licensed doctor for all subsequent absences due to illness.
**For any questions regarding excused or unexcused absences please refer to the Student Code of Conduct.**
- Upon arrival to campus students need to sign in at the front office and present a parent/doctor note to have the tardy excused. The medical note issued should be time stamped from the provider.
Early Dismissal/Parent Checkout:
- Leaving early from school, student must present note to the front office prior to the start of school and have it signed by the front office staff. This note is the student’s pass out of class. Students will not be called out of Emails from parent/guardian will not be accepted.
- Students are required to present a confirmed pass to their teacher before checking out at the front office. If the dismissal time is during a pass period, students need to check out with their next period teacher.
- After the school day begins all sick students should report to the clinic to see the nurse. Students will not be called out of class based on a phone call or email from parent/guardian.
- If a parent needs a student during the school day, they must come in or send an authorized adult from the emergency contact list to sign the student out of school.
- Please refrain from picking up students early, especially after 3:15 p.m. Students needing to be picked up early should have arrangements made before 3:15 p.m. or go to parent pickup after the bell at 3:45. Students needing to be picked up on early release days (every Wednesday) should make arrangements before 2:15 p.m. or go to parent pickup after the bell at 2:45 p.m.
- Only Juniors and Seniors with a valid parking pass may sign out to drive off campus with parent permission. Parental notification must be submitted prior to the start of the school day. Emails from parent/guardian will not be accepted.
- After notes have been received at the front office, parental verification will be confirmed before student is allowed to leave campus.
- Students must bring their driver’s license with them when they sign out.
- Student drivers with a PVHS parking permit granted permission to drive off campus must have a valid pass issued from the front office.
- Students cannot leave campus during the day with other students.