Ponte Vedra High School
Guidance Counselors are here to serve all students regarding academic planning, personal/social challenges
and to assist them in planning future education and career choices.
- Each counselor is assigned students by alpha and will follow the students throughout their high school career.
- Their professional expertise will lend guidance in selecting courses for the high school schedule, in preparing for a vocation, in choosing a college or an area of study, and for coping with personal problems.
- Guidance counselors have an open-door policy and are available to students anytime they have a quick question or for any crisis. If more time is needed students are encouraged to make an appointment through the guidance secretary.
- Students are advised to meet with their counselor a minimum of one time a year to review academic standing and course progression.
- Parents are asked to make an appointment if they need to speak with their child's guidance counselor in order to provide adequate time to address all questions and concerns.
- Information concerning colleges and careers is available for student use in the guidance office and media center. Students should take a “pro-active” role in the college application and financial aid process.
For teacher conferences that involve just one teacher, please contact that teacher directly through email to set up a time that is convenient for both of you. For conferences that involve more than one teacher, please call Kathy Nightingale. It is recommended that you contact your child's teacher directly through email before scheduling a conference. Many questions and concerns can be resolved very easily through communication and don't require a conference.