Seniors, please check the updated Bright Futures website for the new community service requirement.
Bright Futures Scholarship:
The Bright Futures Scholarship program is funded by the state and offers three levels of scholarship awards to students who qualify. The counseling department strongly recommends that students visit the Bright Futures website to become familiar with the program and to make sure they are on track to qualify.
Seniors may obtain their current Bright Futures GPA by logging into the state of Florida's Virtual Campus website.
(Click on "My Records" and then click on "Bright Futures Scholarship Eligibility Evaluation". You will need to create an account the first time you visit the site.)
*NEW FOR 2013 SENIORS* Students must complete 2 steps in order to apply for Bright Futures.
1. Students must apply through the Bright Futures website after December 1 of their senior year.
2. Students must also complete an error-free FAFSA
Please see your counselor if you have any questions about the Bright Futures Scholarship Program.
Please visit the scholarship page in Naviance for up-to-date information on scholarships.
- Transcript requests should be completed through Naviance. Please follow the attached directions.
- Most transcripts are sent electronically and are free of charge. Transcripts that must be mailed are $2.00 each.
- Please complete all transcript requests at least two weeks before the application deadline.
- Students are responsible for following up with the college to confirm they have received your transcripts.
- In addition, athletes who are playing Division 1 or Division 2 sports in college must request a transcript for the NCAA Eligibility Center. Please follow the attached directions.
Requesting Letters of Recommendation:
Guidelines for requesting letters of recommendation at PVHS:
- Please complete the Letter of Recommendation request and give to your teacher and/or counselor at least 2 weeks before the letter of recommendation must be submitted.
- Keep a copy for your records.
- Please include the college/scholarship’s official recommendation forms with student sections completed. (Secondary School report for the counselor)
- List each recommendation you need and the due date.