Message from Administration
We have some important updates. Please take the time to carefully review the following:
- We will return to the normal Wednesday bell schedule (dismissal at 2:45pm) beginning with the start of the new semester (01-26-2021)
2nd quarter report cards will be available in HAC on February 5, 2021.
Student Health Screening: Please assess your child daily for the following symptoms and answer the contact questions.
- Fever of 100.4 or higher
- Uncontrolled cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Muscle aches
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Is your child awaiting a COVID-19 test result? If yes, please keep your child home and notify the school nurse when test results are received. Further instructions will be discussed at that time.
- Does your child live in the same household with someone positive for COVD-19? If yes, your child must quarantine for 10 days from the last date of contact with the positive individual. The quarantine period may be shortened to as few as 7 days if a negative PCR test result is obtained on day 6 or later from exposure to the positive case. The Department of Health will assist in clearing your child to return to school once they have received the negative test result.
- The CDC has established new guidelines with respect to students who are required to quarantine as a result of close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. These guidelines have been accepted by our local DOH as of 12-08-2020. In short:
- The Quarantine period is still recommended to be 14 days, however, if a student is asymptomatic for 10 days, they are able to end the quarantine.
- If a student is asymptomatic and after 6 days has a polymerase chain reaction test (PCR) which is negative, the student can end quarantine. The PCR is the only accepted test to end the quarantine period.
Stay strong….stay well….GO SHARKS