We hope that you have been enjoying the summer recess relaxing and spending time with family and friends! Please review the following carefully.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
- Freshman Fest – July 28, 2022 8:00am
- Opening day for students – August 10, 2022
- PVHS Open House – September 1, 2022 6:00pm
- Family Night – September 14, 2022
- Homecoming – October 21, 2022
- Homecoming Dance – October 22, 2022
Student schedules will be available for review on August 3, 2022 from 7:30am until 4:00pm. Any request for schedule adjustments must be submitted by 7:30pm on August 3rd (please see below for further details). We will make every attempt to make adjustments before schedules go live on August 8, 2022. Please be reminded that students will receive final schedules on August 10th in homeroom.
When viewing schedules, please keep in mind the following:
- Class periods and teachers may still change before the finalized release of schedules due to balancing of classes. However, student course placement will not change.
- Newly hired teachers may be represented by a placeholder on your student’s schedule.
- Off campus St Johns River State College or University of North Florida dual enrollment courses may not be reflected on your PVHS schedule until the end of the first marking period.
If you wish to request to have your student’s schedule reviewed because you believe an error was made, a scheduling concern MUST be submitted using this link:
- SCHEDULE CONCERN REQUEST (Please note that this form will not accept responses until August 3rd at 7:30am and will close at 7:30pm).
This form will be the ONLY WAY to submit a scheduling concern. Schedule requests sent any other way WILL NOT be considered. Do not email schedule change requests or call up to the school. Please note that you will not get an email response to your requests.
Below are the ONLY APPROVED REASONS for a change to your schedule:
- You are scheduled for a course in which you have already received a grade/credit.
- Your schedule is missing a required course for graduation (following the course progression)
- You have a hole in your schedule.
- Any other schedule requests will not be reviewed or approved.
To preview your schedule with room numbers, follow these instructions:
- Log into student HAC account (not parent)
- Click the “Classes” tab
- Click the “Schedule” tab
- Students will be able to see their schedule with room numbers.
Below is a reminder of important information regarding our scheduling process and requirements:
- Advanced Placement Courses are the most rigorous courses offered at Ponte Vedra High School. Please take great care in selecting these courses and the number of AP courses taken in any given year. Our website has information regarding Advanced Placement course work: https://www-pvhs.stjohns.k12.fl.us/apinfo/
- A Modified Schedule is requested when a student wishes to take less than seven (7) courses. Only seniors are permitted to request a modified schedule provided they have met all graduation requirements (to include courses currently requested). Students had to request a modified schedule through the guidance department no later than May 27, 2022. Requests for a Modified Schedule will NOT be accepted.
- A Blended Schedule is requested when a student wishes to take a mix of on campus courses and courses taken virtually through SJVS or FLVS. This option is open to all students. Students are NOT permitted to take more than three (3) courses virtually. Students must still be registered for seven courses unless a senior who will meet all graduation requirements. Students are to take at least one course virtually to satisfy graduation requirements. Students had to request a blended schedule through the guidance department no later than April 14, 2022.