Good evening Shark Families:
Welcome back and Happy New Year! We are hoping that 2022 will be a great year for our school Community.
Over the next several months, we begin the process of scheduling students for the 2022-2023 Academic School Year. There is important information regarding scheduling contained in this email. Please review it carefully with your student.
We are very pleased to announce that Ponte Vedra High School has been approved to offer the AP Capstone Diploma Program for the 2022-2023 school year. We will be offering the first course, AP Seminar, to Juniors only. The class of 2024 will be the first to have the opportunity to graduate with this distinction. More information regarding program requirements is contained in this PDF.
In the 2022-2023 school year, we will be launching an Education strand to our Academy Programs for those interested in a career in teaching. More information will be provided at various parent/student academy sessions.
ALL TEACHER RECOMMENDATIONS AND STUDENT COURSE REQUESTS NEED TO BE COMPLETED NO LATER THAN APRIL 1, 2022. FURTHER COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING SCHEDULING WILL BE FORTHCOMING.
Below is important information regarding our scheduling process and requirements:
- Advanced Placement Courses are the most rigorous courses offered at Ponte Vedra High School. Please take great care in selecting these courses and the number of AP courses taken in any given year. Our website has information regarding Advanced Placement course work: https://www-pvhs.stjohns.k12.fl.us/apinfo/
- A Modified Schedule is requested when a student wishes to take less than seven (7) courses. Only seniors are permitted to request a modified schedule provided they have met all graduation requirements (to include courses currently requested). Students must request a modified schedule through the guidance department no later than May 27, 2022. Request forms available in guidance for a Modified Schedule will NOT be accepted after this date.
- A Blended Schedule is requested when a student wishes to take a mix of on campus courses and courses taken virtually through SJVS or FLVS. This option is open to all students. Students are NOT permitted to take more than three (3) courses virtually. Students must still be registered for seven courses, unless a senior who will meet all graduation requirements. Students are to take at least one course virtually to satisfy graduation requirements.
- Our intention is to release student preliminary schedules twice this summer, once in late June/early July and again one week prior to the start of school. This effort is to address any issues prior to the start of school August 10, 2022 when students will receive their final schedule. Once students preliminary schedules are released in July, we will not accept requests for reasons of teacher change, period change, or changing electives. Schedule changes will only be accepted for duplicate courses, missing courses, and/or a course level change.
- It is important to review the 2022-2023 Pupil Progression Plan for High Schools as well as our course catalogue. We will inform parents when these documents are available on our website.
We take great pride in our efforts to create a master schedule that meets the needs of all our students. Please take the time to review your student’s course requests and contact our guidance department if there are any questions or concerns. Thank you.