Good evening Shark Families:
We hope that this update finds you and your family well. Week two is in the books! We would like to offer the following updates:
- As we did last year, Open House will be conducted virtually. Beginning at 6:00pm on September 9, 2021, you can access each teacher’s individual introductory video presentation. As much as we would have liked to have families on campus, we felt this is the best course of action given current circumstances. Our apologies.
- New Kids on the Block: We are planning to welcome all students who are new to Ponte Vedra High School on September 8, 2021 during the lunch periods. Please ask your students to keep an eye out for further details provided through Schoology/Message Boards/Twitter/SharkBytes. Thank you to our PTO for helping to support this effort.
- Please take the time to sign up for our weekly newsletter SharkBytes.
- Our Club Fair will be held on September 29, 2021 during lunch periods. Students are welcome to meet club members/advisors and join any one of the many opportunities offered.
- COVID Protocols: We have had to ask students to quarantine due to close contact. If you receive notice, please review all information carefully. We have tried to include any and all pertinent information regarding quarantine, access to student work, exemption from quarantine, etc. You may also refer to the district website for more information and a FQA: https://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/covid-19/
- Dress Code: The new Dress Code Policy has been addressed with students at class meetings during the first week of school. We have offered gentle reminders to students this past week. Beginning Monday, August 30, 2021, students who are non-compliant may be subject to disciplinary action. The district policy is in our Code of Conduct pages 13-15 found here: https://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/schoolservices/conduct/
- Parents are to sign and return the signature form that they have reviewed the 2021-2022 Code of Conduct
- National Honor Society: Applications are due September 17, 2021. No late applications will be accepted. Our induction ceremony will be held on October 21, 2021.
- All schedule adjustment requests were due last Friday (08-20-2021). We will continue to monitor student progress but will not accept any further requests for schedule changes.
- Students have been issued their student ID. Students should carry their ID at all times.
- Only students who have purchased a valid Parking Pass for the 2021-2022 school year may park on campus. Students who have a modified or blended schedule or who may participate in clubs or athletics are not permitted to park on campus without a parking pass.
- We continue to monitor morning and afternoon traffic. We do anticipate traffic easing in the coming days. Please remain patient. We are already near normal time for dismissal. Under no circumstance should patents and/or students attempt to circumvent the parent line as we approach the end of the day. The risk of receiving a summons for this poor decision making is not worth the few minutes you may save.
Important Upcoming Events:
- 08-28-2021: SAT Administration
- 09-06-2021: Labor Day Student and Teacher Holiday
- 09-09-2021: Virtual Open House beginning at 6:00pm
- 09-15-2021: 1st Marking Period Family Night
- 09-17-2021: New Applications for National Honor Society Due
- 09-21-2021: SAC Meeting 4:30pm in the Media Center
- 09-22-2021: Underclass Picture Day
- 10-02-2021: SAT Administration
- 10-08-2021: Homecoming Football Game
- 10-09-2021: Homecoming Dance
- 10-13-2021: PSAT
- 10-21-2021: National Honor Society Induction
As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns. Stay Strong, Stay Well, GO SHARKS!